Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Art work for Auction

I'm finally posting art! This is sort of work related. A bunch of us at Lucas Arts were asked to transform blank Mighty Muggs into Star Wars art to be auctioned by The Make-A-Wish Foundation. These one-of-a kind Muggs will be on display at San Diego Comic-Con.


http://starwars.com/vault/collecting/20090713.html


I've never painted on plastic before, but this turned out to be really fun.
I had the white,blank, Mighty Mugg sitting on my home desk for a while. My little 1 1/2 yr old girl loved playing with it. When I finally got around to painting for the auction, and showed it to her, her whole body started shaking. She yelled out, "Oh, Wow!" and started clapping and giggling.
Now, I wished I didn't have to give him away, but it's for a great cause. We named him Tusky. I hope Tusky goes to a good home.









3 comments:

Christopher Ross said...

That's awesome Molly! I think you need to buy some more blank Mighty Mugs and paint them with Sienna. Seems like the perfect project for your daughter. :)

James Chiang said...

super cool Molly!

Anonymous said...

Seems like the perfect project for your daughter. :)

___________________
Smarry
Online Marketing of your brand